Vallourec & Sumitomo Tubos do Brasil (VSB) is a joint venture
formed by French group Vallourec and by Japanese Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation (NSSMC), partners for more than thirty years in the area of premium connections for the oil and gas industry.
VSB's steel making/metallurgical complex is installed in the municipality of Jeceaba, 62 mi. from Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, and has an industrial area of 2.5 million m2.
The complex employs cutting edge technology and has a Steel Shop with an annual crude steel capacity of one million tons per year, also a Rolling Mill capable of producing 600 thousand tons of seamless steel tubes. The tubes produced by VSB have a high valued added, meeting the demands of the global oil and gas industry.
VSB integrated managment policy
The VSB Policy is the following:
- Promote health and safety on the job.
- Prevent accidents and occupational diseases.
- Attend its customers by providing products that meets their expectations.
- Respect and preserve the environment and prevent pollution.
- Practice a social accountability management.
- Minimize the risks.
- Optimize the costs.
- Comply with the legislation and applicable standards.
- Provide necessary resources for the accomplishment of these commitments and the development of the Integrated Management System - IMS.
The Integrated Management System is established and implemented for those purposes and through its use VSB will set objectives to achieve these aims.
VSB assumes with the stakeholders a full commitment with these objectives will comply with requirements and continually improve the effectiveness of the Integrated Management System in these areas through the implementation of this company-wide policy.
Jeceaba, February 20th, 2013